So Much To See & Do
Beauty Point, Beaconsfield & The Tamar
Our accomodation is close to many tourist attractions, including the top attractions in the Tamar and Beaconsfield area:
Situated at Whirlpool Reach, Batman Bridge is one of Australia first ever cable-stayed truss bridge and stands an impressive 100m high. The bridge spans over 400m from end to end and is definitely something to put on your ‘to do’ list.
What better way to explore the beautiful Cataract Gorge than to immerse yourself in history on one of their historically unique vessels. Be stepped with romance and bush rangers and tales of exploration.
A world first in Tasmania – a unique tour experience through a fascinating aquarium dedicated to the preservation and conservation of the seahorse.
- Tour a high tech one-off working seahorse farm
- A boutique first class aquarium featuring more species of seahorse and their relatives than anywhere else in the world
- Touch pool for the kids
This is an amazing Tasmanian experience not to be missed. Platypus House offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch both live Tasmanian platypuses and echidnas in daylight conditions and undercover!
Australia’s longest navigable estuary, with some of the countries oldest graffiti (convict era). Come and be transfixed by its beauty.
A club founded over 60 years ago. With scheduled race day on Sunday and regattas through the season this is not a place to miss!
- Boat storage and fueling
- Clubhouse and hall hire
- Mooring buoys, Slipway and Launching Ramp
Tamar Yacht Club is the oldest of it’s kind in the southern hemisphere and has provided it’s members with the best competition, social and on water facilities in Northern Tasmania since 1837.
Slipping and Yard Facilities
Sailing and Race Program
Regular Sail and Boating Training Programs
The famous Matthew Brady’s lookout offers beautiful views over the Tamar River and surrounding areas. A must do for anyone visiting the area.
This is a place where you can lose yourself in history, play with treasures from the past and embark on your own journey. The museum tells the story of Tasmania’s largest gold mine.
- Discover the history of the mining community
- Huge display of historic machinery
- Learn about the “Great Escape” – the recent rescue of miners Brant Webb & Tod Russell.
Visit one of Australia’s Premium Brewers.
- Brewing the highest quality beer using only the finest Tasmanian ingredients
- Take a tour of the Boag’s Centre for Beer Lovers.
- Relax in the beautiful environment and learn the history of our favourite brewery.
A short walk down the road and you’ll be enjoying a game of bowls at the Beauty Point Bowls Club. The club host a special yearly event ‘Tamar Tripples‘ which we sponsor! Get down and check it out.
A great place to relax and explore the natural and therapeutic values of herbs. Over 20 years of experience has resulted in an extensive range of body care, natural remedies and fragrance products for you to enjoy. There is no entry charge for casual admission.
An unforgettable Golfing Adventure.
- Here you will find two of Australia’s top ten golf courses, true golfing treasures for both the enthusiast and the social golfer.
- Ruthless Marram Grass, wide open fairs and exquisite hole layouts make for an unforgettable Tasmanian experience.
And many more activities such as wine tours, 4WDing, exploring nearby national parks and fishing!